Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Captured terrorists had hard currencies — CDS

The Nigerian military says it found hard currencies on most terrorists, including Boko Haram members who surrendered to its superior firepower, raising serious concerns about terrorism financing in Nigeria and other African Countries.

General Christopher Musa, Chief of Defence staff made the disclosure at a Media briefing on Wednesday in Abuja where he lamented that Nigeria currently does not have the jurisdiction to trace and track the source of such funds.

“We have talked to the international Community, let’s find out the funding. When they started surrending, as we speak, we have over 120,000 that have surrendered.

“Most of them when you find them, they are coming with hard currency. How did they get them? How are they funded? How did they get the training? How did they get the equipment?

“Well, maybe an international conspiracy (behind the insurgency in Nigeria), you don’t know. Who knows? How are they able to sustain themselves for fifteen years? That is one question I think everybody should ask.

“The UN needs to come in because we need to trace the funding, how are they sustaining themselves for fifteen years? (To come and) trace, and track the funding. It is international flow and we(Nigeria) don’t have control over that,” the Defence Chief said.

The Defence Headquarters also revealed on Wednesday that no fewer than 34 Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists were killed in a fierce battle at Sabon Gari Community, Damboa Local Government Area of Borno State.

Musa said in a statement titled, ‘Terrorists Killed in Attack on Sabon Gari in Damboa LGA of Borno State’ by the Director of Defence Media Operations, Major General Edward Buba.

The terrorists, riding on motorcycles and gun trucks, attempted to retaliate against the recent killing of their commanders but were overwhelmed by joint air and ground forces, according to the DHQ.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.