The Cross River State Police Command has dismissed as false a viral social media claim alleging organ harvesting in Isong Nyang, Akamkpa Local Government Area.
In a statement issued Thursday by the Police Public Relations Officer, Eitokpah Sunday, the Command said there is no confirmed case of organ harvesting in the area, describing the online reports as misleading and unfounded.
The police explained that the controversy followed the discovery of eight corpses in an abandoned metal shed near a scrap site at Isong Nyang Junction on February 13, 2026.
According to the Command, a suspect identified as Sunday Reuben Ben, 56, was arrested at the scene. During interrogation, he reportedly confessed to being a former locally trained mortician who had managed a company morgue in Akamkpa.
Investigators said the suspect disclosed that after the company shut down last year, eight corpses left in his custody were later moved to the metal shed near Raboni Church on the instruction to evacuate them.
Police added that the shed was vandalised on February 12 by unknown persons, exposing the bodies and triggering public alarm on social media.
The Command said five of the corpses have since been identified by relatives and are being evacuated for burial, while efforts continue to remove the remaining bodies.
The police urged residents to remain calm and avoid spreading unverified information, assuring the public that investigations are ongoing.



Hmm, terrible.