Prince Uche Secondus, the suspended National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has disclosed plans to appeal the judgement of Port Harcourt High court that dismissed his motion to stop the National Convention of the party.
He stated that he has instructed lawyers to study the ruling of the court and appeal against his removal as PDP National Chairman immediately
Reacting to the decision of the court, Secondus Friday through his media aide, Ike Abonyi, said said no abuse of the constitution of the party should be allowed to stand and that impunity must be resisted.
He said, “I respect the position of the court even though I disagree totally with it. The issue is not about Prince Uche Secondus but about the sanctity of our party constitution and core democratic principles of justice and rule of law not only in PDP but in our democracy.
“I have been a witness to how much harm litigations have done to our party in the past and as a result I have been a strong advocate against settling issues in courts.
“This was why I resisted and rejected entreaties of those who wanted me to go to court to halt these forces when it was obvious that they were determined to disrupt my leadership and truncate my tenure in office with the sole objective of hijacking the party for their selfish ulterior motives.
“To allow this travesty to stand is to reduce our beloved party to a level where anybody can wake up over night and remove officers against the proscribed constitutional process and the National Chairman for that matter. And purporting to use the judiciary through an exparte order to legitimize same.
“I wish to, therefore, at this juncture thank and appreciate leaders and other stakeholders of our party who have called in to express their concerns on this matter and appeal for the understanding of all.
“If those who orchestrated and fostered this avoidable crisis had listened to wise counsel of party leaders and elders who advised the withdrawal of cases, this situation would have been avoidable. I wish the party well as always”, Secondus stated.
Earlier on Friday, a three-main panel of justices in Port Harcourt, dismissed Secondus interlocutory injunction and gave PDP the nod to go ahead the Convention, scheduled for Saturday October 30 and Sunday 22nd 2021.
It held that Secondus’ suit before it was as after-thought and abuse of court process.
Justice Gabriel Kolawole, hems that Secondus ought to have acted when his Ward and Local governments suspended him before the suit.
30 total views
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *