Soludo’s attack: We will eliminate arrested nine suspects — Obiano

Soludo’s attack: We will eliminate arrested nine suspects — Obiano

.

Governor Willy Obiano of Anambra says the nine suspects linked to the alleged attack on Charles Soludo, former Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) might be eliminated.

FILE: WILLY OBIANO, ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNOR

But the Governor’s claim runs foul of the administration of Criminal justice law which makes its mandatory for offences by suspects in court.

Recall that two police personnel died in alleged attack on Soludo who was at meeting with youths in his home town at Isuofia, Aguata Local Government Area of the State recently.

Obiano who confirmed the arrest of the suspects at the Prof. Dora Akunyili Women’s Development Centre on Wednesday in Awka, Anambra State Capital, ruled-out trial imprisonment for the suspects.

“What happened last month is unfortunate, but let me tell you, we have restrategized and we are coming out like a smoking gun.

“We are not going to take prisoners. The nine people that attacked Prof Soludo are in our net now. We are going to eliminate them. We will go after the others.

“We are not going to take prisoners any longer. A special squad have already been put together, and they are already working everywhere,” Obiano said.

TheNewspad reports Soludo seems to have been tipped as the preferred Candidate APGA by the incumbent Governor in the November 6, 2021 Governorship election in the State.

ALSO READ:  Lagos driver commits suicide at mechanic workshop
editor
AUTHOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos

ALSO READ:  Renewal fees: Media organizations owe NBC N4bn
Thenewspad

FREE
VIEW