Troops kill 39 Boko Haram, rescue Eight kidnapped victims in Borno

Troops kill 39 Boko Haram, rescue Eight kidnapped victims in Borno

.

The Nigerian Army has killed 39 suspected Boko Haram terrorists and rescued Eight kidnapped victims in Borno State.

They were killed the troops deployed in Chibok under 28 Task Force Brigade of Sector 1 Operation Lafiya Dole in an ambush on Chibok -Damboa axis of the State during separate operations.

The Director Army Public Relations, Brigadier-General Mohammed Yerima disclosed this in a statement on Saturday.

He said the feat was achieved by the troops who acted on credible intelligence that some remnants of insurgents were fleeing due to the intensity of troops’ operations in Sambisa Forest.

Yerima said, nine of the suspected terrorists were killed in ambush in which several others escaped with fatal gunshot wounds while troops of 28 Task Force Brigade located in Askira equally laid a successful ambush on Askira – Chibok Main Supply Route (MSR) and killed 39 suspected terrorists in another encounter.

In the first operation, according to him, troops recovered another 8 AK 47 Rifles with 4 magazines were among other items the troops recovered from the hoodlums in addition to 7 AK 47 Rifles, were recovered by the troops who also also freed three kidnapped victims.

The Director Army Public Relations explained that one of the kidnapped victims who sustained injury on his leg while in the hands of his abductors, had been conveyed to a military medical facility for immediate treatment.

ALSO READ:  Edo LG uplifts 20 widows

“The gallant troops laid ambush, engaged and overwhelmed the criminals with aggressive firepower, neutralising 9 terrorists in the process while several others escaped with fatal gunshot wounds. The troops also recovered 7 AK 47 Rifles and freed 3 kidnapped victims.

“Similarly in another encounter, troops of 28 Task Force Brigade located in Askira equally laid a successful ambush along Askira – Chibok Main Supply Route (MSR) and neutralized 39 terrorists”, according to the statement.

According to him, “The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant-General Ibrahim Attahiru, appreciated the gallantry and dexterity of the troops and urged them to remain dogged and maintain their offensive posture in all operations until the area is rid of all remnants of terrorists.

“He equally appreciated members of the public for their continuous support to the troops and enjoined them to continue to provide credible information to the troops and other security agencies operating within their localities”.

editor
AUTHOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos

ALSO READ:  Stakeholders commend Obaseki for tackling insecurity
Thenewspad

FREE
VIEW