Donald Trump, Melania down with Covid-19, isolate

Donald Trump, Melania down with Covid-19, isolate

.

US President Donald Trump has said he and First Lady Melania have tested positive for Covid-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.

BBC: PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP WITH HIS WIFE, LADY MELANIA

But, Mr. Trump was expected to attend the second presidential debate 15 October in Miami, Florida before the sudden turn of event.

The 74-year-old president who announced the news in a tweet few hours ago, said that they are now in quarantine, according to the tweet: “We will get through this together,” he wrote.

The comes after one of his closest aides tested positive for Coronavirus.

The BBC recalls that Hope Hicks, the 31-year-old adviser to the president, was the closest aide to Mr Trump to test positive so far.

She travelled with him on Air Force One to the first presidential TV debate with Democratic rival Joe Biden in Ohio on Tuesday. Some of Mr Trump’s family members who attended the debate were seen not wearing masks.

The outlet also reported that Mr. Sean Conley, Trump physician to have said in a statement that the president and the first lady “are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence”.

“Rest assured I expect the president to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering, and I will keep you updated on any future developments,” the statement said.

ALSO READ:  Kukah warns re-elected CAN president against disgrace

According to him, Mr Trump on Thursday, said he and his wife, who is 50, were going into quarantine after Ms Hicks’s positive test.

He tweeted: “Hope Hicks, who has been working so hard without even taking a small break, has just tested positive for Covid 19. Terrible!

“The First Lady and I are waiting for our test results. In the meantime, we will begin our quarantine process!”

In the meantime, lovers of democracy across the world have started to offer prayers for their quick recovery.

The US has recorded 7,115,491 confirmed cases of Covid-19 from January 3rd to October 1st 2020 and 204,642 deaths, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) record.

editor
AUTHOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos

ALSO READ:  Police avert tragedy at Presidential tribunal
Thenewspad

FREE
VIEW