Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has described the novel Coronavirus as pestilence and threat to humanity as well as livelihoods, stating that as someone that had experienced it, he would not wish his worst enemy to contract the virus.
Speaking in a live broadcast after he tested negative twice for the disease on Wednesday, El-Rufa’i said: “I am delighted to report today (yesterday) that after nearly four weeks of observing a strict medical regime, I have now received the all-clear after two consecutive negative test results”
Narrating his ordeal, El-Rufai said he was managed by medical personnel from the State Ministry of Health and the Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital.
He said: “I thank Almighty Allah for His grace and mercy. I also acknowledge with gratitude the massive outpouring of sympathy, prayers and public support that followed the disclosure of the infection. My family not only went through the trauma of potentially losing a member, but also the risk of being infected as well. The entire family has been supportive as usual, while my many friends and colleagues from all over the world have sent their prayers and best wishes.
“I wish to thank the diligent medical personnel of our Ministry of Health and the Barau Dikko Teaching Hospital who managed my case for their dedicated and professional care.
“It was cheering to see the determined efforts of our COVID-19 Task Force chaired by the deputy governor, officials of our Ministry of Health ably led by the Commissioner and our security/enforcement agencies to manage and contain the spread of the novel Coronavirus in the State.”
“I wish to acknowledge our deputy governor, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe, for her reassuring leadership of our team in my absence. In this trying period, our senior officials have demonstrated admirable commitment and the flexibility to provide governance in circumstances that are so different from the old normal. The commitment, competence and capabilities displayed by the Kaduna State government in my four-week absence are clear evidence that we have a public service we can all be proud of.”
El-Rufai continued: “I am relieved by my recovery. With the privilege of life, sound health and the support and prayers of our citizens, I will continue to lead the Kaduna State government’s efforts to ensure that few of our people as possible get infected by COVID-19.
“Our emphasis is rightly on prevention because it is the prudent thing to do to save lives, given the limited capacity of our health system.
“I am delighted by the recovery of four other COVID-19 cases who were discharged last week, followed by yesterday’s discharge of a fifth patient”.
Recall that the Governor tested positive for the disease on March 28 and had gone into isolation.
178 total views
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *