Gov Lalong summons security meeting over killings in Plateau

Gov Lalong summons security meeting over killings in Plateau

.

Plateau State governor, Simon Lalong has summoned heads of security agencies in State to a meeting over Kulben attack which resulted in the killing of 15 persons on Monday in the State.

A vigilante group in Kwatas, according to a source, aided the arrest of seven persons who participated in the Kulben attack.

CRDT: (BBC) PLATEAU STATE GOVERNOR, SIMON LALONG

A security source hinted that “the governor is highly distressed by the state of insecurity in the State…”.

“Of course the purpose of the meeting is not unconnected with the killings in Kulben’, he said.

TheNewspad quoted a witness saying that 10 dead bodies and many injured persons  when the attackers left the village

A residents of Kwatas told The Nation that they received information and threats of reprisal from a group whose identity could not be ascertained.

The information consequently  necessitated a series of security meetings at the instance of the Chairman of Bokkos Council, Yusuf Machen.

The Spokesman,  Gabriel Ubah, said:  ”On the 26/01/2020 at about 2030hrs, the Plateau State Command received an information that at about 1930hrs, unknown gun men suspected to be herdsmen, attacked Kwatas village, Bokkos District, Bokkos LGA   where 13 persons lost their lives while five were critically injured and receiving treatment at  the General Hospital, Bokkos.

“Immediately the Command received the information, the Commissioner of Police,   Isaac Akinmoyede, swung into action by deploying detectives, conventional policemen and PMF personnel to the are,a with the directive to restore peace and effect arrest of the perpetrators of that dastardly act.”

ALSO READ:  Police send suicide-bound UNICAL student to Psychiatric hospital

But, a few   hours after, Ubah  disclosed that  two of the wounded persons receiving treatment at the Cottage Hospital, Bokkos, died  in the afternoon, bringing the number of casualties to 15.

Meanwhile, gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have  attacked vehicles conveying travellers after they alighted  from  a train  at the Rigasa station.

The Nation gathered that   the incident happened when the passengers who arrived from Abuja at about 8:00pm, were picked by their family driver who headed  for the  Rigasa-Afaka link road.

But,  a 60 year old woman, who was  one of the victims, was later abandoned at a river bank   due to her inability to trek.

It was gathered that the woman, a  diabetic patient ,  had been  discharged from an hospital in Abuja.

However, the kidnappers were said to have demanded  N20 million ransom before they could  release the remaining two victims.

A source close to the family said: “As of this (yesterday) morning, they called and demanded  N20 million and threatened that, if the family failed  to bring the money on time, they would  take the victims to Zamfara State.”

 6 total views

editor
AUTHOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos

 5 total views

ALSO READ:  El-Rufai on his way to Awe to visit Sanusi II
get_footer(); ?>