Akeredolu breaks silence over missing baby, arson in church

Akeredolu breaks silence over missing baby, arson in church

.

Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu has break silence on the loss of a one-year-old child and the arson which occurred in Church last Wednesday in the State.

ONDO STATE GOVERNOR, ROTIMI AKEREDOLU

The governor, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary (CPS), Segun Ajiboye, said: “The loss of the child in a church, no doubt, remains heart-aching and represents a sad Commentary.

Recall that the Pastor Sotitobire Alfa Babatunde, the founder of Praising Chapel, Akure on Thursday sued the Department of State Services at the Federal High Court sitting in Akure, the State Capital over his “arrest and unlawful detention.

Akeredolu said, it is pertinent to state that the enormity of the incident could not have permitted a hasty rush to make public statements, especially when investigations had already commenced and daily briefs by the commissioner of police were received by the governor.”

The statement said the governor was being briefed in respect of the incident by other relevant security agencies, including the Department of Security Services (DSS) “until the unfortunate action of yesterday (Wednesday), which culminated in needless deaths and destruction of property.

“An incident as troubling as the loss of a child requires a thorough investigation with the cooperation of all and sundry. It touches all, including the government.

ALSO READ:  Edo traffickers nabbed for selling baby for N1.7m

“Therefore, it will be preposterous for people to take laws into their hands and jeopardize a deep probe that could unravel the mystery”.

He enjoined the general public, especially those directly or indirectly affected, to be calm and cooperate with security agencies as they have heightened efforts to get to the root of the matter.

Already, Ondo State police Command had confirmed the arrest of 10 suspects in connection with the arson that occurred in the church.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr Undie Adie who confirmed the arrest of the suspects, said efforts are on top gear to arrest others involved in the violent matter.

He said the suspects will be charged to court after completion of investigations by the police, adding that they (suspects) will be charged for murder and arson.

 8 total views

editor
AUTHOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos

 7 total views

ALSO READ:  Man shaved wife’s head after finding hair in food
get_footer(); ?>