586 ex-Boko Haram members for deradicalisation in Gombe

586 ex-Boko Haram members for deradicalisation in Gombe

No fewer than 586 ex-Boko Haram members have arrived Gombe State for the De-Radicalisation, Rehabilitation and Reintegration Programme. Major General Bamidele Shafa, Coordinator, Operation Safe Corridor handed over the ex-insurgents to Brigadier General Musa Ibrahim, the Camp Commander, OSC Malam-Sidi Camp, on Friday in Lawanti town in Akko Local Government Area of the State. Shafa

No fewer than 586 ex-Boko Haram members have arrived Gombe State for the De-Radicalisation, Rehabilitation and Reintegration Programme.

FILE: EX-BOKO HARAM MEMBERS

Major General Bamidele Shafa, Coordinator, Operation Safe Corridor handed over the ex-insurgents to Brigadier General Musa Ibrahim, the Camp Commander, OSC Malam-Sidi Camp, on Friday in Lawanti town in Akko Local Government Area of the State.

Shafa said OSC has been successful so far, adding that it had successfully reintegrated 268 clients among which were 266 Nigerians and two Chadians.

“Today we are bringing in 586 adults. This is in addition to the 86 children that we handed over to the Borno State Government last two weeks.

“The operation has been very successful and it is a great achievement.

“With the large number that we are taking, it is an indication that Boko haram combatants are surrendering to the Armed Forces,” he said.

According to him, Operation Lafiya Dole has been doing a great job in the last couple of days.

Shafa hinted that over 1, 000 militants have surrendered which was a sign of victory in the fight against terrorists in the North East.

“With what we are seeing, the Armed Forces are making steady gains in the fight against insurgency in the North East.

ALSO READ:  Hong Kong airport cancels flights as protesters block departing passengers

“What we are telling the boys in the bush is to come out and take advantage of the opportunity that the Federal Government has given to them to surrender and embrace peace,’’ he said.

Shafa stressed that those brought to Gombe for the DRR Programme were those who willingly surrendered.

According to him, OSC is exclusively for those who surrender.

“They are largely Nigerians; we have a few who are foreign nationals from Cameroon and Chad Republic,” he said.

(NAN)

editor
AUTHOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos

ALSO READ:  Proclamation: We're not conquered people, Edo govt replies Senate
get_footer(); ?>