UNICEF records 30 deaths in Borno bomb attacks

UNICEF records 30 deaths in Borno bomb attacks

The United Nations Children’s Fund has recorded 30 deaths in the three bomb attacks, Konduga Village, Borno State. It also said 40 persons were injured during Monday’s attack which were carried out by three children. UNICEF revealed that two girls and a boy carried out the bombing outside a viewing centre. The UN agency, however,


The United Nations Children’s Fund has recorded 30 deaths in the three bomb attacks, Konduga Village, Borno State.

It also said 40 persons were injured during Monday’s attack which were carried out by three children.

UNICEF revealed that two girls and a boy carried out the bombing outside a viewing centre.

FILE PHOTO: SUICIDE BOMBER

The UN agency, however, did not state the ages or identities of the children.

According to UNICEF, five children have been used in suicide attacks since the beginning of 2019.

In 2018, 48 children were used as human bombs in Nigeria, including 38 girls.

Girls have been used in the vast majority of these attacks, according to UNICEF.

“UNICEF appeals to all those involved in this terrible conflict to protect children at all times and to keep them out of harm’s way,” the organisation said.

“So far, nearly 200 children have been used to carry out bomb attacks in public places across Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Cameroon since 2014: four in 2014, 56 in 2015, 30 in 2016 and 27 only in the first three months of 2017.

ALSO READ:  Ramadan: Nigerian gov sends prayer request to Muslims over insecurity
editor
AUTHOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos

ALSO READ:  Tony Momoh: Edo APC condoles with Muslim leader, kinsmen
get_footer(); ?>