NSITF Spends N1bn on Victims of Occupational Hazards

NSITF Spends N1bn on Victims of Occupational Hazards

The Nigeria Social insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) on Thursday said that the Fund had so far expended over N1 billion to cater for victims of occupational accidents in the country. Speaking during the flag-off of safety awareness campaign to mark this year’s World for Safety and Health at Work in Abuja, the General Manager of

The Nigeria Social insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) on Thursday said that the Fund had so far expended over N1 billion to cater for victims of occupational accidents in the country.
Speaking during the flag-off of safety awareness campaign to mark this year’s World for Safety and Health at Work in Abuja, the General Manager of the Health and Safety Department, Kelly Nwagha said the NSITF had committed huge resources and energy in addressing the issue of safety of the country’s workforce and in taking care of those who were injured.
Nwagha, who represented the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the NSITF at the function, said over N1 billion was spent in the past five years to treat workers who sustained injuries while performing their duties and to compensate others who were incapacitated.
“We have been doing a lot to cater for victims and we have paid about N1 billion as compensation to victims of occupational hazard in the last five years,” he said.
The current management of the fund, he said, has made it a point of duty to ensure that any worker who gets injured while performing his or her duties is taken care of, admonishing that accidents should be prevented from happening.
Nwagha also said that NSITF had taken care of hospital expenses of those workers who sustained injuries and had been hospitalised.

editor
AUTHOR
PROFILE

Posts Carousel

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Latest Posts

Top Authors

Most Commented

Featured Videos

Thenewspad

FREE
VIEW